Posted to alt.food.wine
Mike Tommasi[_2_] Mike Tommasi[_2_] is offline

Default Viognier

On Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 5:38:15 PM UTC+2, Michael Nielsen wrote:
> Was surprised to find that it reminds me of the nice fat body of a chardonnay.

Surprised about the parallel with chardonnay, I do not see it.

For top quality wine, the grape is very picky about where it grows. In my experience, light and elegant with fine apricot citrusy aroma around Condrieu, heavy sickly syrupy anywhere else in Europe. Maybe in other continents?

Definitely appeals to the ladies. (not a sexist remark, just an observation)