Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ikea

On 2015-04-24 4:08 AM, wrote:
> On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 1:00:05 AM UTC-7, tert in seattle wrote:
>> Julie Bove wrote:

>> this is some really fine work, Jules

> I am chagrined to admit that I agree with Julie here. So
> much of what IKEA sells is crap that I have pretty much given up going
> there. I do have a winerack that has held up over the years, and a couple
> of dog dishes.
>
> The worst thing I saw at IKEA was a colander with a razor-like edge.

They certainly don't have as many higher quality products as they used
to,but there is still lots of great stuff. I ended getting a TV stand
there. I had searched high and low for something that would hold a large
TV, satellite receiver, stereo, VHS, DVD and CD player. Any cabinets I
found were way to big and way to expensive. I found a low on with a flat
top and four shelves in rows of two. It was perfect. I liked it so much
I went back for a second one for another room.

I have a couple wine racks from there, cutting boards, glasses, a
colander that is not lethal, drawer organizers, CD shelves, book cases
and a office swivel chair for the computer desk.