Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ikea

We're going to be going to Ikea! I have never been in one. I used to want
to go but now that I can't eat the Swedish Meatballs, there is no real
desire to go on my part. But they are not near here and I can get a ride so
I shall go.

I don't think they have anything there that I can eat in their cafe but I
will still go and look.

Is there anything else I should make a point of looking at? From what I
have read online, I will have to wend my way through the store to get to
what we are going there to buy, which is a desk. I would just get it online
but I am not paying for it so...

I know they have lingonberries but I am surrounded by those here anyway so
no need to look for those. And given the poor quality of the kitchen carts
that I bought a few years ago, I am leery of anything they sell. The one
cart seemed fine at first. But something was wrong with the second one and
the middle shelf/bin just wouldn't hold any weight. It would immediately
slide down to the bottom. And now the other one is doing the same. I
actually cringed when I saw them being used in a kid's toy room on some
house show the other day. I was like... Noooooo!

I can't really think of a thing that I need in the kitchen department but
perhaps there are foods? Do they sell much in the way of foods? I am
mostly familiar with the furniture which for the most part I think of as
junk. Good looking but junk. We'll see how the desk holds up.