Seppo Sipilä

Default Currant cake question

>Huh? The man is doing a translation. Isn't
>"John recieved a small seedless grape of the
>Mediterranean region cake from his mother"
>rather too stilted?

Heh, that sounds like something from Monty Python. Luckily we have a
perfectly good word for it in Finnish: "korintti". Apart from a dried
very small Mediterranean grape it also refers to the place where it
came from (or at least got its name from), Corinth, in which case it's
spelled with a capital K).

"Corinth cake" was actually my first guess too, I just began to doubt
myself later on because I'm no expert on British cuisine. Anyway,
thanks to everyone for the enlightening answers

S.