Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking
Danny D.[_3_] Danny D.[_3_] is offline

Default Is there a way to slice meat thinly as luncheon meat at home?

Julie Bove wrote, on Tue, 21 Apr 2015 23:25:40 -0700:

> You can buy a slicer for home use but they're not cheap.

Basically I want the least expensive *usable* meat slicer I can get
(even better if it's a tool that I already have, such as a dremel tool,
or a grinder motor, or a sawszall, etc.).

I should note that I googled the deli-style slicers, which run the gamut
in cost from about just over a hundred dollars to over a thousand dollars.
http://tinyurl.com/pm84rwo

With that kind of price range, there are going to be a *lot* of decisions
and tradeoffs that have to be made at the lower end.

If I simply by a $2,000 meat slicer, I'm sure I'll be happy with it; but,
to get one for less than a hundred will take the advice of others who have
actual experience in the lower end models.

Questions will arise such as blade material and type, diameter, motor power,
etc., that I don't even know to ask yet.

Only someone who is either happy or unhappy with the inexpensive slicers will
be able to advise me which way to go, or not to go, I would think.

Here's an example of a relatively inexpensive slicer, but I don't know if
its any good:
http://www.amazon.com/Continental-PS.../dp/B00196VYY0
http://www.amazon.com/Best-Choice-Pr.../dp/B008BTIMXE

But maybe there is a fitting for my radial arm saw, or for my circular saw?