GoombaP

A few years ago I gathered bits & pieces of recipes and used this one to
make sopressata. It was excellent. I used a 2nd refrigerator to hang the
sausage.
Yield: 10 Pounds minus shrinkage
10 lb. Pork (Boston butt)
7 T salt
1 T finely ground black pepper
2 T peppercorns
1 t finely ground coriander
1 t finely minced garlic
2 t sugar
1 c dry white wine
1/2 t ascorbic acid and 1 t saltpeter [or 2 t Prague powder]
4-feet large beef casings
Cube the meat. Grind spices together and sprinkle over meat. Grind (large
plate) and add liquid. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate for 48 hours. Stuff
casings. Hang for 8-12 weeks @ 50º F.

. net...