Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Mini stuffed peppers

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 15:34:58 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> > On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 00:58:59 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>> > So, you're saying that you were so sick you couldn't make rice and no
>> > one lifted a finger to help. What a bunch of ingrates.

>> No. I bought the rice for Angela who was sick before I was. I can't
>> remember the particulars now but I wasn't going to be home and I thought
>> she
>> might want some rice. At that point, we didn't know it would be an
>> ongoing
>> thing. I bought the rice for the freezer in case she thought she needed
>> some and I wasn't going to be here. Nobody ate it so... I am going to
>> use
>> it up now.

> I won't bother asking you why you bought precooked rice when you
> weren't sick and you claim you know how to cook.

As I said, I wasn't going to be home. I remember having to stop at a store
that I don't normally shop at. And I had a meeting or something to go to.
I bought just a few things for her to have some dinner, dropped them off and
left. I do know that we were running low on rice at home and that the store
I went do didn't sell the kind of rice that I normally buy, which is either
Texmati or Jazzmati. I have since bought some of that. I bought this over
a month ago so I can't really remember the particulars. I just remember it
being a very busy and hectic time for me and that I wasn't going to be home
at meal time for like 3 days in a row. I also think that the fridge was
fairly full of food at that point in time, but it wasn't anything she could
eat given her sickness.

I also remember going through rice like crazy when I was sick. I was living
off of chicken broth or chicken and rice soup. I ate a lot more rice than
she did. She got over the illness quickly. Apparently for those of us over
50 it takes over 3 weeks to feel well again. I still don't have my appetite
back.