Vox Humana

"Cindy Firetto" > wrote in message
> I am looking for a good angel food cake recipie and some type of topping.

> did a search and also have 1 million recipies. I am looking for a easy
> updated version. Do you have to sift the flour and do you have to use

cake
> flour? Suggestions appreciated.

This is one of the instances where I do sift the flour. You also need to
use cake flour. Angel food cake is easy if you have a stand mixer to beat
the egg whites. It is really technique dependant - whipping the whites to
the right state, folding in the dry ingredients, using the right pan,
inverting the pan to cool. There really isn't any way to update or simplify
this cake although you could use a box mix - they are fool proof but the
texture just isn't the same.

As for topping, I think you need to keep it simple. I like fresh berries
and a little whipped cream. Strong flavors and hard textured toppings just
don't seem pleasing to me.