Puester

jmcquown wrote:

> Preface: I don't have access to free-range eggs. There are no farmer's
> co-ops or anything like that near me and I've never seen them in the grocery
> stores near me.
>
> I went to buy some large eggs. I always open the carton to make sure they
> aren't cracked or broken. I noticed in every single instance, random
> checking of the cartons, all the *large* eggs appear to be quite a bit
> smaller than usual. Has anyone else run across this? Any idea why?
>
> Jill
> --

Yes. In the past month or two the jumbo eggs I usually
buy have been much smaller than usual. I suspect it's
the heat of summer that affects the size. Either that
or the age/maturity of the laying hens.

They have been smaller enough to make me wonder if they
change the size grading criteria during the summer.

gloria p