Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Oregonian Haruspex Oregonian Haruspex is offline

Default Pu-erh counterfeiting caught on vid

On 2015-04-10 13:43:59 +0000, Lewis Perin said:

> But it isnt that simple. A lot of people in China acted on that theory
> in the early 2000s. There was a speculative frenzy now known as the
> Puer Bubble. It ended just about 8 years ago, wiping out a large
> number of people. A good place to read about this is €śPuer Tea:
> Ancient Caravans and Urban Chic€ť by Jinghong Zhang.

Thanks for the book recommendation - puerh literature is very difficult
to get in English.

I was aware of the puerh bubble but I didn't know that people were
wiped out financially. It would be interesting to see how and why,
especially seeing the kinds of prices that good 10+ year old puerh can
fetch these days.