Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Dario Niedermann Dario Niedermann is offline

Default [British-style tea] What did Orwell mean?

Scott Dorsey > wrote:

> Now, the bad news is that heat loss via radiation is more significant
> than it is with a thick earthenware pot.

That's what I was thinking: the thinner walls should provide less
insulation.

> Hmm... you know.... you might be able to pre-warm a pot effectively by
> pouring hot water on top of it rather than inside it.

Must keep into account heat loss from evaporation... I wonder if it
would be significant enough to prove detrimental. Maybe not, if done
repeatedly during infusion? Sounds like something I could experiment
with.

--
Dario Niedermann. Also on the Internet at:

gopher://retro-net.org/1/dnied/ , http://devio.us/~ndr/