Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected][_2_] itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net[_2_] is offline

Default Salad Dressing

On Saturday, March 21, 2015 at 1:58:27 PM UTC-5, BBQ wrote:

> I want a salad.
> Of course I need salad dressing as well.
>
> I want it creamy and rich, but without adding all of the fat, so I
> simply use a mixture of half mayonnaise and half greek yogurt. The
> greek yogurt is a healthy alternative to using all mayonnaise as there
> is less cholesterol.

Be wary of Greek yogurt's fat content. In just 7 ounces, Fage's full-fat Greek yogurt packs 16 grams of saturated fat--or 80 percent of your total daily allowance if you're on a 2,000-calorie diet. (That's more than in three Snickers bars.) Dannon's regular full-fat yogurt has 5 grams of saturated fat in an 8-ounce serving. Saturated fat raises total and "bad" LDL cholesterol levels, increasing the risk for heart disease. Read nutrition labels carefully. If you're going Greek, stick to low-fat and fat-free versions.