Paull

On 11-Aug-2004, Bob <oso_bob@yahoo REMOVE.com> actually said:

> I live near Dallas and just got 70 pounds of Green Chili shipped to me
> from my brother-in-law in New Mexico. It is HATCH chili. half medium
> and half HOT. The medium has a good bite and the HOT is pretty toasty.
> I am the only one that can eat the hot which means I have 35 pounds of
> green chili nobody else will want.
>
> I went to the store and bought four london broils and two packages of
> Johnsonville Brats (ten all together) with cheese bits in them.
>
> I put charcoal in the bottom of my smoker and grilled the green
> chili's until the skin bubbled up. Cooled and froze it except for
> about a weeks worth. Took about three hours.
>
> After I grilled the chilis I moved all the hot coals (not too many
> left) into the firebox and cleaned out the smoker chamber.
>
> I threw on a couple small mesquite logs and put the london broils as
> close to the fire as possible (no rub, I forgot) and put the sausages
> on the opposite end.
>
> Let them cook for about 2 hours at 225 or there about.
>
> Took the london broils in and chopped two of them up into 1/2" pieces
> and put into a pan with a little olive oil. Then smothered it all in
> green chilis, tomatoes and garlic. Let it simmer for an hour and then
> ate it with flower tortillas.
>
> Awesome is the only word to use.

I live in New Mexico. Yes, the Hatch chile is early this year. We actually
got rain! You can smell the chile roasting everywhere this time of the
year. I live in Norhthern NM. Hatch is down south but still very popular
here.
We also have Chimayo Chile and Espanola Chile. Nothing like New Mexico
chile! It's the best!

http://www.EspanolaOnline.com
The Beautiful Espanola Valley
--