View Single Post
  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to alt.food.wine
external usenet poster

Default "Continental regions" winetasting

On Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 10:36:45 AM UTC-7, Michael Nielsen wrote:
> 2013 Macon Villages, Cote Maconnaise, J. Drouhin **
>
> I normally like chardonnay, because it is not boring like other whites. this is just a boring white, some lemon.
>
> 2013 Terrana Rosso, Fattoria Bruno Nicodemi, Italy **
>
> candyfloss on the nose. Sweet juice but better than other cheap offerings..
>
> 2013 Cotes du Rhone Villages, Valreas, Dom du Seminaire **
>
> Slight licorice, , cherry, too fresh, acidic, clos du cailliou Bouquet is better.
>
> 2013 Errazuriz, Carmenere, Chile **
>
> Was expecting a onestar wine, but it is drinkable. Id never buy it though.. it is strange. with dark fruits as I like it, real wine structure (the first today to display "real wine qualities", but than it has this strange note of dog pee and twigs.
>
> 2011 Fam. Bianchi Cabernet sauvignon , argentina****(*)
>
> Still purrfect, dark black fruit, dry gainy tannins, earth, chocolate. costs 1:4th of the next one and is just as good. extra star for low price.
>
> 2010 Barolo Le Coste, Pecchenino ****
>
> Cherry , rough tannins, must be new style - it is surprisingly close to the cabernet in body and taste - replacing cherry for black fruits, and cutting the finsh short at this point with tannins. needs more age. Looking in maker's notes, confirms 2y in 225L barrigues. I think this will be as nice as the 2003 Andre Oberto I had in Italy if it gets 7 more years, making it a 5star wine at that point.
>
>
> I didnt buy any of them, because I saw they had gotten 1 bottle of Marimar Estate Pinot Noir. Russian River. Cristina, which they havent had for 2 years and suddenly they had one bottle. Now they have none and I have 3 haha..
>
> Tonight will be Perrin Cornas 2011.

You like Chardonnay because it's not boring. Don't get that as most of them other than Chablis are pretty uninteresting to me. I like Spanish, Greek, and Italian whites because they are intersting.