Posted to rec.food.cooking
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default America's Test Kitchen -- "The Complete Vegetarian Cookbook"

On 2/27/2015 5:17 PM, l not -l wrote:
> On 27-Feb-2015, > wrote:
>
>> Is it any good? It /looks/ good in the email they sent me. (I don't
>> have any ATK cookbooks, but I've used a few of their recipes before.)
>>
>> Bob

> I do not have that particular cookbook; but, depending on where you live, I
> may be able to help. When I wanted answers to similar questions about the
> ATK pressure cooker cookbook, I checked with local libraries. Being in a
> large metropolitan area with several libraries I was able to find a copy to
> review. As it happened, I had checkout privileges at the library where I
> found a copy and could take 3 weeks to review it at leisure. Upon review, I
> determined the few recipes I wanted could easily be copied from the book and
> I learned the tips and tricks by reading then returning the book to the
> library. Total cost 9 cents (gasoline cost calculated by my car) for two
> recipes I thought I might actually make.
>
> Perhaps a library near you will have a copy; or, if not, participates in a
> library exchange and can get a copy for you.

Thanks. I'm not looking for a vegetarian cookbook per se, but just a
good cookbook in an areaI don't know much about. (and this one came
looking for me)

I eat meat (a lot of meat at a time) a couple of times per week. I
could use for ideas for when I'm doing rice-n-beans (etc)

I'll see if the library has a copy. If I like it, I'll buy one for myself.

Bob