Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Prepare Easy And Healthy Meals

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message
>> > The 7 amazing things you'll experience with the paleo diet :
>> >
>> > 1. Burn fat and keep it off.

>> I burned fat once. Was heating some olive oil for a hair treatment.
>> Didn't
>> realize how quickly it catches fire. Apparently quite fast!

> Good Grief! Are you really that slow?

For real. I had never used olive before. Put a very small amount in a pan,
turned the heat on high and walked into the other room. Fortunately I had
an open floor plan and could see the fire from the living room. But then I
did the stupid and flailed around in the kitchen with the flaming pan. I
did know how to put out such a fire but it was as though my brain just shut
down. This was the apartment with the metal built in with sink. Only
shelves above it and I had put up some red and black checkered flannel
curtains to cover the shelves. The pattern matched my canisters. It's a
wonder I didn't light the whole place on fire!