Posted to alt.food.wine
santiago santiago is offline

Default 2003 La Tour Carnet, Haut-Medoc Grand Cru Classe 4.cru.

Michael Nielsen > wrote in
:

> Nope. it is cab driven (like my beloved napa meritages hehe). 53%
> Cabernet Sauvignon, 33% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc and 4% Petit
> Verdot.

Michael, La Tour Carnet, the property, is more than 60% Merlot. It is
possible that in 2003, which was a very hot year, they decided to keep
Merlot down since it is the grape that ripens the first and maybe some lots
were too high in alcohol before arriving to physiological ripeness. Not
that high alcohol is typically a problem for M. Magrez.

s.