Posted to alt.food.wine
Michael Nielsen[_4_] Michael Nielsen[_4_] is offline

Default 2003 La Tour Carnet, Haut-Medoc Grand Cru Classe 4.cru.

2003 La Tour Carnet, Haut-Medoc Grand Cru Classe 4.cru. *****

Deep dark red, with hints of amber. Blackcurrant nose. Some sediment. Dark black fruits, earthy, cedar, nice rough tannins. Very good for a french wine, like an overpriced Quantum with some more age.

Had it with 2 h decant, before during and after a good steak from the butcher with oven baked taters redwine sauce (using the Morgon I disliked) and butter sauteed asparagus.

I think it can stand a few more years (cellartracker suggests "Drink by 2014").