Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fast Food Restaurant Trends to Impact Industry in 2015 - QSRmagazine

On 1/23/2015 3:57 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Janet Wilder wrote:
>> Brooklyn1 wrote:

>>> Define a good salad bar... it would probably be the two three items
>>> you can eat.

>>> Writers do not begin a sentence with "And".
>>>

>> Sheldon that would depend upon the flow of the piece. It is not against
>> the laws of nature to start a sentence with "And" if the context
>> requires it.
>>
>> Just sayin'

> No one is tawkin' flow, piece, or laws of nature. It's not
> gramatically correct to begin writing a sentence with a conjunction
> regardless of context and the Bove claims to be a writer. The Bove is
> about the poorest writer here (of the regulars), and you're not far
> behind, but at least you don't claim to be a writer. With how poorly
> she expresses herself (in her broken English) I strongly suspect the
> Bove cannot produce a high school diploma. I'd be willing to bet the
> Bove dropped out of school mid eighth grade, and I'm being generous
> with the mental doofus. Correct grammer doesn't necessarilly apply to
> in personal conversation but when all we have here is writing one
> should attempt to be precise in their communication, especially with
> how the Bove is so obtusely argumentitive.

I'm a published (paid) writer, Sheldon. I'm also a paid editor. I was an
English Lit major in college and graduated with high honors from Rutgers
University. There is no rule that says you can't start a sentence with
the word "and" when it's appropriate.

A writer's craft is as important to the end product as a painter's
technique with a brush. If the narrative requires a sentence to begin
with "and" it's perfectly legitimate. Maybe in your grammar school it
wasn't but in the literary community, it is. Go on Amazon and buy
yourself a couple of style books. Writers' Guild or Chicago Style
Manual, whatever.

It appears that your opinion of my writing was not shared by the many
publications that paid for my stories and poems nor the publishers who
published my books.

Now, tell us how many books, articles, poems, etc, you've had published.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas