Wayne

Puester > wrote in
:

> Rick & Cyndi wrote:
>>
>> "Michael Odom" > wrote in message
>> > Has anybody had experience with a Nutone in-the-counter kitchen
>> > appliance system? The house we bought this spring (Atomic Age
>> > mid-century modern) has one next to the sink. Most of the
>> > attachments are in the pantry, but I've never used it. It has a
>> > mixer, a food grinder several bowls and some things I haven't
>> > figured out what to use for.
>> >

>> > modom
>> >
>> > "Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
>> > -- Jimmie Dale Gilmore

>> ===============
>>
>> We had one - and LOVED it. My Dad installed ours in one of the
>> houses we grew up in... Great stuff. Really handy, too. Sure beats
>> the heck out of dragging out three different appliances with attached
>> motors (weight, bulk, etc.). Hmmm, if all of my appliances were to
>> die and/or if I were 'starting out' all over - I'd love to have a
>> Nutone system again.
>>
>> Cyndi

> Devil's advocate:
>
> 1. You still have to lug and store all the attachments.

You'd also have to lug and store all the separate appliances which, with
motor, are both heavier and bulkier.

> 2. When the imbedded motor dies, you lose all your appliances
> at once.

True, but it's *one* replacement motor and you're back in business.

> 3. You don't have a choice of features in each of the
> appliance categories, you're stuck with whatever Nutone
> provided.

When those were being newly installed, there were precious few "bells and
whistles" type features in most appliances. I suspect it was considered
"state of the art".

> That said, friends built one into their new house some 25
> years ago and loved it until it died.

Never had one, but always thought I wanted one back in "those days".

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.