Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Baked Acorn Squash

On 12/30/2014 7:51 AM, Gary wrote:
> koko wrote:
>>
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not very hungry so this is all I'm having for dinner. No, I do not
>>> eat the skin, just the flesh.
>>>
>>> http://i61.tinypic.com/2lkutjq.jpg

>> OMGosh, that looks roasted perfectly.

> YES it does, Jill. When I first saw the picture, I just wanted to grab
> a spoon and dig into the picture on my monitor.
>
> Thanks for the picture! This is why pics are good. If you had said you
> made baked acorn squash without a pic, I would have read that and
> moved on. Your picture really sold me! Sold me so much that I bought
> an acorn squash this morning and would like to recreate that.

Don't count on me taking food pics all the time.

> Would you please post a semi recipe? I assume you brushed it with some
> olive oil then spiced it somewhat.
>
> What seasoning did you use and how long was it roasted and at what
> temperature?
>
> G.

Simplicity itself. 400F degrees, 1 hour. After scooping out the seeds,
put a dollop of butter in the well of each half. Sprinkle with S&P and
put it in the oven. After about 10 minutes when the butter has melted,
brush the butter over the cut edges of the squash and add more butter if
desired.

Jill