Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Byerly's Wild Rice Soup

On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 12:47:07 -0600, Moe DeLoughan >
wrote:

>On 12/17/2014 11:58 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>e.
>> Truth is either is culinarily incorrect, wild rice is best cooked in
>> the soup... but first I toast wild rice in a dry pan.
>>

>You utter moron. What the **** do you think parching wild rice IS?

You uneducated jerk, you're as low IQ as our dwarf donkey... parching
any grain simply means to minimally dry it enough by mildly heating so
it doesn't mold/sprout in storage, parched does NOT mean toasted...
can't really sun dry wild rice in the climate where it grows. Parching
is definitely an *artificial* drying process and not a natural drying
process, but it's NOT toasting.
http://www.northernwilds.com/pages/E...and-fire.shtml