Old 09-12-2014, 02:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default infused vodka?

On 2014-05-17 12:50 PM, sf wrote:

I've been looking at recipes this morning and am wondering if the
fresh pineapple used to make pineapple vodka can be used for something
else (like pineapple upside down cake) or if it's rendered flavorless
and should just be thrown out?

FWIW... I regularly make raspberry hooch using Alcool sugar and
raspberries. The recipe is a quart a quart and a pound. It sits for a
few months and then you pour it off and filter it. The colour and
flavour is infused into the alcohol. I have tried eating the leftover
berries. They are very pale and there is little raspberry taste left in
them. It is has been sucked into the booze.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
* Origin: e (1:249/999)
--- Synchronet 3.15b-Win32 NewsLink 1.92
SpaceSST BBS Usenet Fidonet Gateway

I quite like pepper vodka ie. infused with *hot* peppers. I did once try
a little of the pepper after infusing and there was not much taste or
hotness left.

Incidentally, I drink the vodka Russian style; keep the bottle in the
freezer and quickly pour and drink a shot.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.