Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default infused vodka?

On 12/8/2014 10:42 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2014-05-17 12:50 PM, sf wrote:
>>
>> I've been looking at recipes this morning and am wondering if the
>> fresh pineapple used to make pineapple vodka can be used for something
>> else (like pineapple upside down cake) or if it's rendered flavorless
>> and should just be thrown out?
>>

> FWIW... I regularly make raspberry hooch using Alcool sugar and
> raspberries. The recipe is a quart a quart and a pound. It sits for a
> few months and then you pour it off and filter it. The colour and
> flavour is infused into the alcohol. I have tried eating the leftover
> berries. They are very pale and there is little raspberry taste left in
> them. It is has been sucked into the booze.
>
> --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
> * Origin: e> (1:249/999)
> --- Synchronet 3.15b-Win32 NewsLink 1.92
> SpaceSST BBS Usenet <> Fidonet Gateway

I quite like pepper vodka ie. infused with *hot* peppers. I did once try
a little of the pepper after infusing and there was not much taste or
hotness left.

Incidentally, I drink the vodka Russian style; keep the bottle in the
freezer and quickly pour and drink a shot.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.