Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Did you know that Chef Boyardee was a real person?

"Christopher Helms" > wrote in message
> On Sunday, November 30, 2014 11:50:06 AM UTC-6, sf wrote:
>> His name was (chef) Hector Boiardi and he has quite an interesting
>> story. http://www.chefboyardee.com/history

> He was a very good cook, and a very popular guy and he would probably be
> shocked and angered if he saw some of the stuff being put into "his" cans
> these days.

I served a can of ravioli today. It looked a lot better than I remembered
it. I remembered the sauce being kind of orange. This was a deep red. Why
did I serve it? Somebody just kept bitching and wanted instant food. So
they got that instead of the steak and pierogies.