Old 01-12-2014, 05:56 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Did you know that Chef Boyardee was a real person?

"Christopher Helms" wrote in message
On Sunday, November 30, 2014 11:50:06 AM UTC-6, sf wrote:
His name was (chef) Hector Boiardi and he has quite an interesting
story. http://www.chefboyardee.com/history

He was a very good cook, and a very popular guy and he would probably be
shocked and angered if he saw some of the stuff being put into "his" cans
these days.

I served a can of ravioli today. It looked a lot better than I remembered
it. I remembered the sauce being kind of orange. This was a deep red. Why
did I serve it? Somebody just kept bitching and wanted instant food. So
they got that instead of the steak and pierogies.