TeaGalaxy TeaGalaxy is offline
Member

Location: Florida

Hi, if you are a big tea drinker, I would recommend getting an electric kettle with temperature controls, or an all in one tea brewer like the Breville Tea Maker. With green tea for example, if you brew it too hot then you will burn the leaves and release too much tannin into the water leaving it bitter.

There are tricks online about getting the right temperature such as when it starts to get tiny little bubbles on the bottom, it is about 160-170 degrees. If you see small strings of bubbles rising to the top, this indicates a temperature of 180-190 degrees. After that you’ll have a full rolling boil. I know I've read online how long to wait for the temperature to drop 10 degrees, but having difficulty finding right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeiman View Post
Hi, I'd like to ask you which temperature do you use to infuse tea leaves.
I use to boil water and then turn off the boiler, waiting some seconds and put leaves in it, but temperature is very random (about 95 - 99 °C).

I'd like to buy a proper thermostat and take more care about this stuff but I've really no idea when infuse leaves.

What are your habits?

Thanks!