ToLo

Default Myrtle Beach Q

Greg Leman said on 7/7/2004 5:32 AM:
> " BOB" > wrote in message
>
>>Netguy wrote:
>>
>>>In article >, go_herd86
says...

> any

> but

> in

>>>No way. I never found any bbq in Myrtle Beach. Go for the seafood
>>>instead (avoid those all you can eat places).

>>I agree. I have a cousin that lives in Myrtle Beach, and he drives to

> North
>
>>Carolina for barbecue.
>>
>>BOB
>>

> From Myrtle Beach, you can head north about 2 hours on Hwy 17 and be on the
> edge of the heart of Eastern Carolina Q country. And you're only 4 hours
> from The Skylight Inn (Pete Jones BBQ), well worth the trip. Since my visit
> last week, I have started to agree that the Skylight Inn is the Mecca of
> BBQ.
>
> This guy has put together a pretty good site on eastern Q:
> http://bbqpossum.8k.com/#eastern

Why would I put ANY credence to what a person writes when their stated
only knowledge of Texas Style Barbecue is as quoted from their site:

" Award winning Texas style BBQ, which means meat (including beef?!)
slow cooked and sliced down into big pieces and served with a ketchupy
red sauce. Folks in Texas are so nice that we hate to say anything bad
about their barbecue, so we won't say anything more. "

Obviously a friggin' moron who knows absolutely NOTHING about barbecue
especially that from Texas.......