Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Gordon Henderson Gordon Henderson is offline

Default Baking in bread machine

In article >,
hutchndi > wrote:
>Dan got me thinking about baking outside again so I did a quick Google and came across this video of someone
>baking bread in a big green "egg", which actually looks more like someone putting a hunk of drywall paste in
>a big green golf ball. I guess it doesn't even need any final proofing. I wonder why they don't show the
>finished product? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hllWPccBAJw

What the ....

He kneaded it to death, then put it in at 150C... That's going to be
one heavy dude when it comes out! (Although the temp is the temp of
the lid which holds the heat, so it will be hotter once he puts the lid down.

I have a Kamado Joe cooker - "Kamado" is the generic name of those
Japanese charcoal ovens and there are several makes. I've made bread in
mine, but it tends to scorch the base if I'm not carefull - even with
2 pizza stones in there.

Not my best, but:

http://unicorn.drogon.net/bread2.jpg

Made a bunch of pizzas in it this summer too - that was good fun.

This guys doing it in the snow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAkeI9zH6-k

Makes me want to do more outside now - if only I didn't live in a
place where it rains for 3/4 of the year )-:

Gordon