Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Gordon Henderson Gordon Henderson is offline

Default Grrrrr ...

In article >,
Mary Fisher > wrote:

>I'll bear everything you've both said in mind, after serious contemplation I'll have a go and report what I did and how it turned out.

To add to that - I'd say just give it a go - even at the simplest level
- half an hour before you go to bed, put it all in the machine, let it
mix/knead, turn it out into an oiled tin, leave it covered overnight,
then slash if you can and into the oven. You'll get sourdough something
- might not be anywhere near as good as you used to make, nor what you
will make again after the op. but better than nothing (or supermarket
"sourdough"!!!)

Gordon
Ps. I think uk.d-i-y misses you too :-)