Old 07-11-2014, 05:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Stuffed Poblano Peppers

On Fri, 07 Nov 2014 08:00:13 -0800, koko wrote:

After I had a wonderful meal of pork steak, I decided to use the
leftover pork to stuff into some beautiful poblano peppers.
The peppers were delicious served over rice with a bit of the sauce
spooned over them. Deeeelicious

I finely diced up some leftover cooked pork and added some sauteed
finely diced onion. I made a spicy sauce using a can of diced tomatoes
to which I added a finely diced clove of garlic, a pinch of red pepper
flakes, salt, a teaspoon of dried Mexican oregano and the juice of
half a lime. I hit all that with the immersion blender to break up the
tomato pieces.
I added a splash of the sauce to the pork mixture, just enough to
moisten it, then I added some finely diced Monterey Jack cheese. Stuff
that mixture generously into the roasted and peeled poblano peppers

Pour some of the sauce into the bottom of your baking dish, make sure
it's well covered. Place the peppers into the baking dish and bake in
a 350* oven until hot and bubbly.

https://flic.kr/p/p2rs6S

Yep with leftover veggies too. ;-)

Dang, I think I need to get my blog up and running again.

koko

Thank you!