Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Bear with me for awhile. . .

On Tue, 04 Nov 2014 17:43:08 -0400, wrote:

>On Tue, 04 Nov 2014 13:21:56 -0700, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:
>

>>I was having problems with Agent (6) so I decided to upgrade to Agent
>>8. Agent 8 didn't remove 6, so I have this weird posting thing going
>>on. I just hope that I don't have to uninstall both versions and
>>re-install 8 to get a clean program running. (This is why I make
>>gallons of kahlua. It is my "medicine" when I am having computer
>>problems. If my husband sees me drinking kahlua at the computer he
>>knows to back away silently and no joshing around trying to get me in
>>a better humor.
>>Janet US

>Your best bet is to ask at a.u.offline-reader.forte-agent - they have
>MVPs there who answer questions, in fact, I believe someone else asked
>that just recently when 8 came out.

I agree that the site is excellent. Ralph Fox always give good
instructions. You might try reading at least the questions, skip the
answers unless they are pertinent to your problem.

When you ask the question, explain what you did and what is going
wrong.

I have learned after many years with Agent and other programs that I
make a backup copy of my Agent directory and then upgrade. If it gets
messed up I can start over.
--
Susan N.