Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Karen[_11_] Karen[_11_] is offline

Default Myer Lemons

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 19:46:59 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Karen" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 18:41:20 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>"Karen" > wrote in message
>>>news >>>> On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 17:33:50 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"

om...

>>>Oh. Okay then. But I still like lemons and see no need to switch to
>>>something else.

>> I haven't seen them in the stores locally. They may be available and
>> I just hadn't noticed. That being said, regular lemons are just fine
>> for what I use them for.

>I've seen them and I think I did try one some years ago when it came in a
>CSA box. I was not impressed. Didn't seem to have a lot of flavor.

I did find them yesterday when I went shopping. I bought one of each,
a meyer lemon and a regular one. Brought them home and sliced a small
wedge of each. While they did taste slightly different from each
other, it was very slight. The meyer was a little less sour, and also
left an aftertaste that reminded me of grapefruit. Only 10 cents
different in the cost. I think I would continue to buy the regular
lemon.