Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Myer Lemons

On 10/27/2014 02:50 PM, Oren wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 14:30:41 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>> Julie, according to Sunkist the meyer lemon has 4 grams per 2 oz
>>> http://www.sunkist.com/healthy/nutri...spx#meyerlemon
>>> and the standard lemon has 5 grams per 2 oz.
>>> http://www.sunkist.com/healthy/nutri...ts.aspx#lemons
>>> One gram difference is not a lot.

>> When I looked it up it said that one lemon has 5 grams while one Meyer lemon
>> has 41 grams.

> Citation needed, please.

Hi Oren,

Is this what you are looking for?

Common Lemon:
http://www.fitclick.com/how_many_cal...Lemons?fd=2926

serving units Carb Protein Fat Calories
1 5 0 0 15
1/2 2 0 0 8
1/4 1 0 0 4
2 10 0 0 30

Meyer Lemon:
http://www.fitclick.com/how_many_cal...um?fd=42633 6

serving units Carb Protein Fat Calories
1/2 2 0 0 12
1 4 1 0 25
2 8 2 0 50
1/3 1 0 0 8

I made sure the cites came from the same source
so the same measuring methods would be used.

Looks like the Meyer Lemon is actually lower carb
than a common lemon. I think the difference
in taste is the acid (nasty) factor.

But, the carbs are really not an issue for me, I
use lemons as a "seasoning" and the teaspoon of
juice I mange to squeeze out of one is, as they say
in the tax code, "De Minimis".

I will also sometimes take a bottle of Trader Joe's
orange flavored sparkling water and squeeze a
Meyer Lemon into it as a soda substitute.

This stuff gets inventive and fun as you get into it!

-T

No, it doesn't taste like beer. :'(