Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Karen[_11_] Karen[_11_] is offline

Default Myer Lemons

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 17:33:50 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Oren" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>When I looked it up it said that one lemon has 5 grams while one Meyer
>>>lemon
>>>has 41 grams.

>> Citation needed, please.

>Well, now this one says 12 g for the whole lemon.
>
>http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...-juices/1937/2
>
>And here's for the Meyer:
>
>http://www.coheso.com/nutridata/Essn...m_details.html
>
>But still, the Meyer is much higher in carbs.

Only because the two sites you listed compared 8.4 ounces of myer
lemon to 4 oz of regular lemon. Change the serving size so you
compare the same amounts you will find there is not much difference.
1 oz meyer lemon had 4.51 g carbs and 1 oz regular lemon had 3.
Not much difference when you compare identical amounts.