Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Myer Lemons

On 10/27/2014 01:35 PM, Oren wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 12:44:03 -0700, Todd > wrote:

>>> Todd,
>>>
>>> Yes I know of them and use them...love 'em. Have for years. They grow
>>> well here in Clark County, NV. My neighbor has a tree in his front
>>> yard (east side of house). Big, juicy and with no poisons applied
>>>
>>> Makes great lemonade!
>>>

>> Total lemon taste without the bitter components :-)
>>

> Right.
>
>> No clue why the regular ones even sell anymore.

> Give me an avocado, chopped onion, lemon/lime with a tad of salt and
> pepper and I'm almost in heaven
>
> I used to make what in the South, we call "Ole Sour". A cup of juice
> with a tablespoon of salt. Placed in a small glass container, corked,
> left on the counter for a few weeks - it ferments and is used on food.
> like broccoli. Never needs refrigeration.
>
> (Everything I love is killing me) <g>

Hi Oren,

You will soon have lots of substitutes! Plus you will
be able to poke the health food Nazis in the eye
every time you fire up the barbi! Vegetarians the
world over will curse our names in tandem! :-)

Don't forget you need to make your own bone broth
to offset the proteins in mussel meat. (Store
bought broth is bad for you and almost does not
qualify as broth.) Chicken broth fixed what ails you!

If you want it, I have a great chicken broth recipe I
make in my pressure cooker.

Here is a nice reference on cooking with bones:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/cooking-with-bones/

> This may interest you:
>
> <http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=27>

Great link!