Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default How do you stop the political promo calls?

On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:49:34 -0400, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 10:19:06 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 12:15:37 -0400, S Viemeister
> wrote:

>>>If you're not registered, you can't vote.
>>>I assume you mean that you haven't registered _as a member of a
>>>particular political party_. Many people register as unaffiliated or
>>>independent.

>>I'm assuming that's what he means.
>>Janet US

>Nope. I don't need to register to any party to vote in the general
>election, only to vote in the primaries. Primaries are only like
>taking a poll, those votes don't count so why should I bother.

Around here you don't have to register (sign up, declare your
intention to vote) but once. You give your name and address. If you
change precincts, then you must sign up again. You will not be
allowed to vote unless your name is on the list. You do not have to
affiliate with any party to do so. I registered once a very, very
long time ago when I moved here.
Janet US