Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default Best of both worlds.

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Ian Field" > wrote in message

>>> Hi Ian,
>>>
>>> The following would help in answering your question
>>>
>>> What kind of Diabetes do you have?
>>>
>>> How have you decided to deal with it?
>>> --- High carb (red beans) and drugs, or
>>> --- low carb and drug free

>> The cost of food is a big issue while we endure austerity so the Tories
>> can line the offshore bank accounts of their fatcat chums.
>>
>> Its T2 controlled by Metformin, sort of a fine balance with the threat of
>> insulin never too far away!
>>
>> Red beans were just an example of the basics from the local Asian food
>> market - the beans would have to be boiled until all the froth had been
>> scooped off, not really practical in a microwave.

> I don't know what country you're in, but do you have canned beans there?
> They are really not that much more expensive than dried. Can you get
> fresh beans? I can't here. Since you have an Asian store, can you get
> bean sprouts?

Generally I go in there mostly for spices, they're a *LOT* cheaper than
"name brand" little jars, usually I only notice odd items of food that I
think would work out a huge saving if I knew how to prepare it.

Maybe as much as 1/4 of their stock is dried beans & pulses etc. A lot of
the (presumably vegetables of some sort) I don't even know what they're
called.