Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Best of both worlds.

On 10/01/2014 04:59 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> Todd > wrote:
> : On 10/01/2014 11:10 AM, Ian Field wrote:
> : >
> : >
> : > "Todd" > wrote in message
> : > ...
> : >> On 09/30/2014 08:56 AM, Ian Field wrote:
> : Hi Ian,
>
> : Metformin is nasty stuff. Makes your hair fall out, gives you
> : (sometimes permanent) insomnia, skin spots, and worst of all,
> : it makes you paranoid delusional. Yep everybody is picking
> : on you! It also has a rebound effect. When I initially went
> : drug free, each time I backed off on the dosage of Metformin,
> : my blood sugar went down. I also had to do A LOT of apologizing
> : to people I lashed out at. Fortunately, they all forgave me.
>

> I find this strange as I have been on Metformin now for some 17-18 years
> with none of the effects you, tidd, have experienced. I will grant that
> some peol ehave bad results with different drugs, but one's own personal
> bad experience may well NOT be universal. If a drug causes problems for
> you you you should no be taking it, but that does nt mean that other folk
> should stop taking it if it works adn does not cause them your smptoms.
>
> Wendy

Hi Wendy,
The depression (crabbiness) and delusional paranoia creep up on you.

You may not be aware of it. I certainly was not aware of it until
I got off it. I truly though everyone was picking on me. When
I got off it, oh boy, did I have a lot of apologizing to do.
You have shown signs of the crabbiness to me in the past. The
way you can figure it out is to ask someone close to you that you
can trust to give you the unvarnished truth if you have become
a crabass.

People that can not longer sleep had it sneak up on them too.
They have said in blogs they never recovered and were not
able to sleep again.

And don't forget the rebound effect. Met is an allopathic drug,
meaning it is a controlled dosage of a poison meant to cause
a desired reaction. This can save your life. But over the long run,
your body will rebound to it. My blood sugar dropped each time
I backed off on the stuff.

You have been on Met for a long time and know how to cook
low(er) carb. You may be healed by now and not need it. If
you get off it to see, be careful when the "dark curtain" lifts.
You might suddenly start enjoying things and people around you.

:-)

-T