Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default Best of both worlds.

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 09/30/2014 08:56 AM, Ian Field wrote:
>> Are there any recipes about for food that's cheaper than ready meals,
>> but can still be done in the microwave?
>>
>> Probably not practical to boil the froth out of red beans in a
>> microwave, but that general direction of food preparation.
>>
>> The BBC website has a recipe section - but last time I looked there, no
>> diabetic recipes.
>>
>> Maybe if enough people asked, they'd do something about it.

> Hi Ian,
>
> The following would help in answering your question
>
> What kind of Diabetes do you have?
>
> How have you decided to deal with it?
> --- High carb (red beans) and drugs, or
> --- low carb and drug free

The cost of food is a big issue while we endure austerity so the Tories can
line the offshore bank accounts of their fatcat chums.

Its T2 controlled by Metformin, sort of a fine balance with the threat of
insulin never too far away!

Red beans were just an example of the basics from the local Asian food
market - the beans would have to be boiled until all the froth had been
scooped off, not really practical in a microwave.