Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default PING George Shirley

> In article >, George Shirley
> > wrote:
>
>> On 9/24/2014 4:49 PM, Dave Balderstone wrote:
>>> Happy belated birthday, George! I will expect an invitation to the next
>>> party.
>>>
>>> djb
>>>

>> If we're both around in twenty-five years I certainly will invite you.
>> We could have a wheel chair race. <G>
>>
>> George

> Naw. We'll go deer hunting.
>
> ;-D

I'm going in November, here in Texas, haven't hunted deer in over 25
years. Grandson has a free lease with lots of deer. Texas is allowing
two bucks and three does this year or just take five does. Can't eat
antlers so I'm looking for does.

I can remember when Texas allowed only bucks, no does, and any of them
were hard to find in East and SE Texas. I see deer alongside the roads
around here in broad daylight, carcasses also. Lots of buzzards floating
around all the time, you can nearly always tell where a deer was hit by
a vehicle by the circling buzzards. I nearly ran over a coyote the other
day on the street I live on.

You would think that with over 5 million people living in this area
there would be nothing wild left. We deer tracks behind our house nearly
every morning. Alas, no stands here.

George