Paul M. Cook©®

Default Fun and games at the supermarket

--

Don't spy to reply.

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> (laughing) It's gotten a lot better since Albertson's has taken over,
> but there is still the occasional supermarket moment. Don't get me
> started that you can hardly get around the store anymore, they have
> so many of those cardboard display things.
>
> So, I'm pulling out of the parking lot when a voice SCREAMS at me,
> YOU HAVE TO STOP FOR PEDESTRIANS!!!!!!!! Hello, I saw them, they
> were not even out of the door. I'm very careful like that, I saw
> they had kids and I know they can run out. I saw, I watched and I
> rolled out at maybe 3 miles an hour.
>
> She got THE LOOK. She was more of a pedestrian than that family,
> she was closer to the street and that was still like 10 feet from
> the street.

I wish I had a nickel for every time I've seen a huge-assed SUV loaded with
young kids speeding down the freeway at 90 mph with mommy yacking away on
the cell phone. Or watching as mommy barges through a red-light at high
speed no doubt late for junior's softball game or her daughter's play date.

Paul