Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How do you peel an acorn squash?

On 2014-09-22 12:25 PM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 12:12:01 -0400, Doris Night
> > wrote:
>
>> I do not see Ina Garten's recipe for butternut squash anywhere in your
>> original post, or anywhere else in this thread.

> It's in the first paragraph of her OP.

Here is Julie's first paragraph of the OP:

"I just looked up how to peel a butternut squash and realized
immediately that this wasn't what I got in my CSA package. It was
actually an acorn squash which from what I have read online can be
cooked the same as an acorn. And that's a good thing as I am using Ina
Garten's recipe for butternut. But it calls for the squash to be peeled
and cut in cubes. "

There ain't no recipe in that paragraph, just a reference to Ina's
recipe for butternut squash. I searched and found more than one recipe
from Ina for butternut squash.

> I was left scratching my head and wondering why she stayed with that
> recipe after she figured out it was an acorn squash.

Well, she causes a lot of head scratching around here.