Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default How do you peel an acorn squash?

On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 12:12:01 -0400, Doris Night
> wrote:

> I do not see Ina Garten's recipe for butternut squash anywhere in your
> original post, or anywhere else in this thread.

It's in the first paragraph of her OP.

I was left scratching my head and wondering why she stayed with that
recipe after she figured out it was an acorn squash. Butternut is
sweet and creamy, acorn is less sweet and stringier. Both are
delicious, but I'd never dream of substituting acorn for butternut in
soup or risotto.