Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How do you peel an acorn squash?

On 2014-09-22 11:57 AM, wrote:
> On Monday, September 22, 2014 6:42:50 AM UTC-7, Dave Smith wrote:
>

>> It is funny that you know that butternut squash is easier to peel but
>> you didn't know enough to but a butternut squash instead of an acorn.
>> They do look a lot different and, FWIW, butternut squash is nut
>> particularly easy to peel.
>>

> In fairness, acorn squash appeared in her CSA box, the contents of which
> is not under the subscriber's control.

Yes, she did get it in a CSA box, but she did say that she looked up how
to peel a butternut squash, and that was when she learned it was a
acorn. Then she commented about butternut being easier to peel. That
left me wondering how she would know it was easier to peel a butternut
squash because he has never peeled on. It is not easy.

> Friends of mine who get CSA boxes are often perplexed at what to do with
> items included in their box, e.g. beets.

My wife would know what to do with beets.... straight into the compost
bin. I don't mind beets at all, but they are one of the few things that
she absolutely hates. I would roast the beets or use them tomake Borscht.