Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default How do you peel an acorn squash?

On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 09:42:50 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> On 2014-09-22 8:55 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>

> > Thanks! Hopefully next time I get one will remember that and not peel
> > it. I think when I roasted them before I just put slices with peel and
> > all. My mistake was in using a recipe for butternut squash and that is
> > much easier to peel.

> It is funny that you know that butternut squash is easier to peel but
> you didn't know enough to but a butternut squash instead of an acorn.
> They do look a lot different and, FWIW, butternut squash is nut
> particularly easy to peel.

Not knowing the difference between a butternut and an acorn seemed odd
to me too. Don't CSA boxes tell you what's included? There shouldn't
have been any guessing involved. I wouldn't have been surprised if
Delicata was the topic because the skin looks like it should be
inedible, but it's actually eaten along with the flesh.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/squash.htm