Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How do you peel an acorn squash?

On 2014-09-22 8:55 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> Thanks! Hopefully next time I get one will remember that and not peel
> it. I think when I roasted them before I just put slices with peel and
> all. My mistake was in using a recipe for butternut squash and that is
> much easier to peel.

It is funny that you know that butternut squash is easier to peel but
you didn't know enough to but a butternut squash instead of an acorn.
They do look a lot different and, FWIW, butternut squash is nut
particularly easy to peel.

I trust you will excuse me if I don't bother explaining how to peel a
squash. I thought it would save you the trouble of replying with why
that won't work in Julie Land.