Denise~*

Default How do you say cauliflower

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 11:20:55 -0400, "limey" > wrote:

>That's news to me, Denise. I say "ideah", and pronounce "war" with no
>emphasis on the "r". Do you have examples - and what part of England,
>since accents vary a great deal?

When I listen to LedZeppelin! :-)

Okay, Okay, I'll explain.

Robert Plant says "Mama" a lot in the songs, and it comes out "Momar"
The R is very faint, but it's there! I have heard it in other ways
too, but I cannot think of any other examples at the moment.
It's not like adding an R to "Idea", to make "Idear". It's more of an
inflection in the voice that always seems to be there.
Really and for true!

I believe Robert is from Worcester or Worchestire?

Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...
A true friend will be sitting next to you saying,
"Damn...that was fun!"