Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kalmia Kalmia is offline

Default Very OT - an ol Frech language movie

On Saturday, September 6, 2014 7:59:45 PM UTC-4, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
> Has anyone seen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Bonheur_%281965_film%29 ??
>

> I disagree with the Wikipedia article. I think that the drowning was
>
> accidental. Thérèse has an otherwise very happy life, with nice extended
>
> family, and two very young children. She did not seem "distraught." I
>
> believe that the filmmaker wanted almost everyone to assume suicide, then
>
> for some folks to realize that the only support for that assumption is a
>
> bias toward sexual possession as the most important aspect of marriage.
>

> http://www.notcoming.com/reviews/lebonheur/
>
> http://www.criterion.com/current/pos...r-in-the-grass
>

> --Bryan

Not sure if I have ever seen this, but it brings to mind other films involving adultery. The last time I watched "Fatal Attraction", I tried to take note of just who asked whom out for a drink etc. I think the Michael Douglas character didn't come up so lily white. Also, watch closely in "Double Indemnity" who makes the first move - the hints are so subtle, they are barely perceptible and nearly simultaneous.. Same for "Postman Always Rings Twice", the Garfield version. What I DO remember is that the other person sure doesn't fight hard against the temptation, but of course, the film has to be moved along.