Posted to rec.food.cooking
ImStillMags ImStillMags is offline
Banned

Default Short Ribs In Red Wine Sauce - Further adventure in Induction

On Sunday, August 31, 2014 7:29:04 PM UTC-7, jmcquown wrote:

> > Remember when short ribs and flank steak were poor people food and were dead cheap?

> > And cube steak. What happened?

> People discovered they're good! Then restaurants started using them and
>
> the prices soared.
>

> Jill

Yup, I blame chefs for it. Chefs are always looking for ways to stand out and the cheap cuts were a way to make them noticed by the media. They ruined it for the rest of us....and fajitas are the culprits for the rise in price of flank steak too. dammit ;-)