Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doris Night Doris Night is offline

Default Short Ribs In Red Wine Sauce - Further adventure in Induction

On Sun, 31 Aug 2014 17:32:21 -0500, Janet Wilder >
wrote:

>They are cooking in the ceramic covered cast iron casserole on the
>induction cooker.
>
>So far it smells heavenly. I think the induction cooker's temp settings
>are a bit low. Their "medium-low" is about 20 degrees to low, but I'm
>learning to adapt.
>
>Will make mashed red potato for that lovely gravy.
>
>Had an open bottle of Hill Country Tempranillo and used that for the
>wine, so it should have a lot of body in that gravy.
>
>The frying temps on the induction thing are dead-on accurate. One of
>these days I'm going to make some coconut shrimp, then I'll cry because
>it was one of Barry's favorites.

We had short ribs tonight, too!

Braised with mirepoix in some beef stock, Robert Mondavi Cab, and
strained tomatoes. Served on a bed of polenta.

I think this is just about my favourite food. Too bad sort ribs are so
expensive.

Doris