Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Short Ribs In Red Wine Sauce - Further adventure in Induction

They are cooking in the ceramic covered cast iron casserole on the
induction cooker.

So far it smells heavenly. I think the induction cooker's temp settings
are a bit low. Their "medium-low" is about 20 degrees to low, but I'm
learning to adapt.

Will make mashed red potato for that lovely gravy.

Had an open bottle of Hill Country Tempranillo and used that for the
wine, so it should have a lot of body in that gravy.

The frying temps on the induction thing are dead-on accurate. One of
these days I'm going to make some coconut shrimp, then I'll cry because
it was one of Barry's favorites.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas